Thursday, June 13, 2013

Carrot Raisin Salad with Pineapple and Maple Agave.

I've been recently obsessed with a simple, delicious Carrot Raisin salad made by my local food coop. Now that I am at last settling into my new home, I've found time to try to make my own version! I tailored it just a tiny bit, using a non-vegan mayo and a drizzle of maple agave which really gives it an interesting little pop.
This is officially the first dish I have created in my new, beautiful kitchen, by the way!
Enjoy (Vasya, was, of course, a good helper).


Begin by grating 3 large peeled carrots (or 6 smaller ones). In a large bowl, mix together grated carrots with 2/3 cups raisins and 1 packed cup well drained, crushed pineapple (roughly one 20oz tin).
Now mix together 1/3 cup lite mayo, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1/4 tsp celery seed and salt and pepper to taste. Grind or chop up 1/2 cup walnuts and set aside.


Mix the dressing in with the carrots, then gently fold in the walnuts using hands. Now, add a generous drizzle of maple agave to the top and stir again.
Refrigerate the salad overnight and serve cold.



No comments:

Post a Comment